Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Better days are coming


It is warming up, albeit not as fast as I would like. It is not feeling like late April. For me one of the hazards of combining fishing with a busy family life is that fishing has to be shoehorned into where it fits, rather than where I would ideally place it. This is especially acute in the early season as a consequence of the most productive parts of the days being quite short and the fact that it has been so long since I have been able to fish for trout.  

So on Saturday I was sat in a town centre café having a sandwich when the conditions were ideal and was not able to get into the river before late Sunday afternoon when the conditions had deteriorated. Still I was in the river and that was all that was important at that time. The river levels had dropped a little, clarity was improving and there was some evidence of fish feeding on the surface. I had a session prospecting a streamy little stretch and had some attention to the CDC and Elk, a trout dropping off after a very brief tussle.

Better days are coming.

No comments: