Friday, January 11, 2013

The bare minimum?



OK, I will come clean. I don’t really like tying. But I really don’t want to have to go back to buying my flies. In addition to the expense I just know, because my organisational skills are lacking, that I would end up in the situation where I was able to go fishing but I would be without suitable ammunition. Knocking up half a dozen flies on spec is something that I can just about cope with.

My rule of thumb is that I will not even attempt a fly if it is going to take more than 5 minutes. For me that now means that parachute flies are pretty much out of the window and I have found that I am now fishing a pretty generic range of patterns that can be adapted in terms of size and colouration to suit the conditions.

So the logical extension for me as to consider what is the minimum number of patterns that could be fished during the entire season. Well here they are,




Time to get the vice out now!  

No comments: